Year Founded: 1998
- UK: SOAS University of London, King’s College London, the University of Nottingham
- Australia: The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Honours
- Awarded by King’s College London, and conducted entirely by faculty staff from KCL
- The first degree of the university to be fully taught outside the UK
- Only open to registered nurses
- Bachelor of Arts International Management and South East Asian Studies (first intake June 2019)
- Awarded by SOAS University of London (is the leading higher education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East)
- Bachelor of Science International Management (Japan & Korea) (first intake June 2019)
- Awarded by SOAS University of London
- Postgraduate Diploma/Master of Arts in Education (First intake April 2019)
- Awarded and taught by the University of Nottingham
- Master of Business Administration
- Awarded by the University of Adelaide and the school’s flagship business programme
- Student exchange/inbound semester/summer school options are available for this degree
Co-Curricular Activities: None at the moment
Accreditation and Awards:
Ngee Ann Academy is EduTrust certified and is a member of the Singapore Association for Private Education (SAPE).
Currently, Ngee Ann Academy’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing is accredited by the Singapore Nursing Board, while the Master of Business Administration has a GMAA rating* of 5 stars and is accredited by AASCB.
*The GMAA Rating belongs to the Graduate Management Association of Australia and is an independent assessment of Australia’s MBA programmes. Published annually, only 7 out of 28 MBA programmes were awarded 5 stars in 2017.
Description and Review:
- Education and Review
Formerly the Ngee Ann-Adelaide Education Centre (which was established in 1998), the Ngee Ann Academy is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ngee Ann Education Holdings, which is in turn a full-fledged subsidiary of The Ngee Ann Kongsi.
Ngee Ann Academy continues to serve their stakeholders with the same commitment, quality and passion that they have had for the past 20 over years. They aim to be an exceptional institution for developing well-rounded individuals who are committed to making positive contributions to the society.
Ngee Ann Academy seeks to provide quality education by bringing in interesting and relevant programmes. Teacher to student ratios fall at 1:50 for tutorials and workshops, 1:100 for lectures and 1:20 for clinical skills laboratory sessions.
As their students have recently started school (the inaugural intake of students first began classes in July 2018) or are waiting for school to start, we can’t provide much information just yet, but we’re looking forward to future updates!
- Location and campus facilities:
Ngee Ann Academy is currently located within Ngee Ann City at Tower A, until renovations to their campus at the Teochew Building are complete. The interim campus’s facilities comprises of 4 classrooms with various seating capacities, a library, as well as a lounge. During our visit to the campus (a fairly warm and cozy one), we found interactive whiteboards in use. These allow for interactive multimedia classroom activities and the display of online content, for an integrated and innovative teaching and learning experience. Classrooms are also equipped with high connectivity video conference systems.
- Funding assistance
Ngee Ann Academy has a number of schemes/initiatives available to help those in financial need. These include:
- The Ngee Ann Education Holdings Scholarship
- Open to undergraduate degrees
- Open to locals and PRs with outstanding academic results
- Recipients must not hold another scholarship/sponsorship or bursary
- Community Care Manpower Development Award (CCMDA)
- Open to Ngee Ann Academy students reading the Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Honours
- Awarded by the Agency of Integrated Care, up to 90% of course fees and relevant expenditure will be covered.
Others schemes open to those interested in the school’s programmes are the LBKM Scholarship/Bursary.
Location & Nearest MRT Stations:
391A Orchard Road, #25-02A Ngee Ann City Tower A, Singapore 238873
- Orchard MRT Station NS22
- Somerset MRT Station NS23
(*While we have attempted to be as detailed as possible, we advise you to do your own research to see if Ngee Ann Academy is the right school for you. If you’re a Ngee Ann Academy student/alumni, do share your experiences with us!)