SPECIALIST DIPLOMA IN DIGITAL MARKETING & ANALYTICS
The marketing and retail landscape changes rapidly, generating talent gaps for skilled digital marketing professionals both at entry level positions as well as with existing industry practitioners. In addition, social media is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and it has become a powerful marketing, branding and communication channel. Companies use social media to engage and build relationship with their customers, to establish their brand and increase their brands’ visibility. These advancements have brought about talent gaps for skilled digital marketing and analytics professionals.
The Annual Survey on Infocomm Manpower 2015 (by Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA)) reported a growing demand for non-tech specialist job roles/functions. In particular, in the Sales & Marketing Cluster, the industry demand for 2015 stood at 13,360. There is a very strong 3-year projected increase of 52% in industry demand or another 6,950 places in the Sales & Marketing Cluster by 2018.
Our Specialist Diploma in Digital Marketing & Analytics (NSDMA) jointly designed by the 3 schools:
- Singapore Polytechnic’s Business School (SB),
- School of Digital Media and Infocomm Technology (DMIT), and
- School of Communication, Arts and Social Sciences (CASS)
The course is designed to facilitate life-long learning and bite-size acquisition of digital marketing and analytics skills to responsively meet the needs of working professionals. At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
- Understand and apply varied digital marketing strategies to different business models in reaching overall marketing objectives.
- Explore the many possibilities of Digital Marketing in streamlining business processes, support overall marketing objectives and to add brand value to an organization.
- Equip students with the skills and knowledge to analyze and optimize website performance with the use of web analytics software and methodologies. Students will learn to develop, optimize and execute search engine marketing plans and campaigns. Drive strategy for search engine marketing initiatives ensuring that revenue, budget, ROI and other business goals are met.
- Equip students with online tools and social media outreach for viral marketing and to foster interaction, engagement and discussion regarding the company’s products and services.
- Analyze unstructured textual data on social media platforms to gain insights to support business decision making as well as provide recommendations.
Upon completion of two Certificates within a two-year validity period, the participant will be conferred a Specialist Diploma qualification from Singapore Polytechnic.
Working adults in any industry who wish to pick up specialised skills and knowledge in digital marketing and analytics.
- Applicants should have a Polytechnic Diploma or Degree in Information Technology, Business or any other relevant discipline.
- Participants are required to bring computer Notebook when attending lessons, as you may need it to access the e-learning materials, writing reports, etc.
Recognition of Prior Learning
- Applicants who do not meet the entry requirements may apply for admission to the course by producing evidence of at least 5 years relevant working experience or supporting information to ascertain their competency readiness. Eligible applicants who are shortlisted will have to go through an interview and/or entrance test.
Two Post Diploma Certificates (PDCs) comprising of the following modules:
Digital Marketing Fundamentals
Digital Marketing Fundamentals will provide an overview of Digital Marketing to traditional marketing theories and concepts; how they vary and complement each other. The module will also take participants through a thorough analysis on the uses of Digital Marketing tools through brand / service & product communication.
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- The Online Macro and Micro-Environment - Digital Marketing Tools: Effectiveness & Best Practices
- The Impact of Digital Media on the Marketing Mix
- Relationship Marketing using Digital Platforms
- B2C & B2B Digital Marketing practices
Digital Marketing Strategies
Strategic Planning & Implementation aims to provide learners with knowledge on how to develop a digital marketing strategy which would enable them to market their brand / service / product in a digital setting with proper lead management and call to action through good user experience.
- Situational Analysis / Developing Customer Persona
- Goal Setting - Strategy Formulation
- Resource Allocation
- Delivering the online customer service experience through UI / UX
- Campaign Planning for Digital Media
- Marketing Communications Model using Digital Media
- Campaign Evaluation & Improvement Strategy
This module equips students with the skills and knowledge to analyse and optimize website performance with the use of web analytics software. Students will learn to plan and measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns and make recommendations for improvement. They will use various strategies for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) analysis and learn how to avoid penalty by search engines.
- Introduction to web analytics
- Clickstream analysis
- Web analytics for site optimization
- Measurement of online marketing campaigns
- Search engine Optimization
Social Media Marketing
This module provides students with a strategic overview of social media marketing to help them gain a clear understanding of business goals and brand voice in order to produce truly effective marketing content with opportunities for them to apply the skills acquired in a hands-on manner.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Evaluate existing business strategies and business models to formulate a feasible social media marketing strategy
- Apply techniques to add virality and increase activity at different points in the customer conversion funnel, as well as devising a paid ad media plan
- Develop content for various social media platforms, including social media ad content
- Managing crisis on social media
Digital Content Development
This module builds’ on students’ knowledge in digital marketing and takes a holistic view of digital marketing and digital content creation. Upon completion of this module, students will acquire the skills to leverage a range of digital marketing tools, tactics and techniques to create and manage powerful digital content.
- Formulating digital content strategy
- Understanding format, form and function in the digital context
- Writing for the web
- Creating web presence, landing pages and mobile material
- Developing emails and banner ads
- Generating chatter on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms to your advantage
- Licensing digital content
Social Media Analytics
This module aims to introduce students to the processes for analysing unstructured textual data on social media platforms. Students will learn to collect, prepare and analyse social media data with social media listening tools. With this knowledge, students will be able to improve marketing of products and services using best practices. They will also learn to use text analytics to discover interesting patterns and gain insights to support decision making as well as to provide recommendations.
- Basic concepts of social media listening
- Social media discovery and keyword research
- Data collection and preparation
- Data exploration and segmentation
- Social media analysis with case studies
- Discovering and engaging influencer and brand evangelists
- Usage of text mining in social media analytics
Signup for this Class
Singapore citizens below 40:
- SGD $1,054.49
Singaporeans aged 40 and above:
- SGD $702.99
After Workfare Training Support (WTS) Scheme funding*:
- SGD $397.49
After SkillsFuture Enhanced Training Support Subsidy (ETSS):
*Eligible for Singapore Citizens 35 years and above; earning less than $2000/month
Course SchedulesEvery Tue, Wed & Thu (6:30 pm - 9:30 pm)
(Fill out the form below to register online)